Through her evocative portraits, Sherald unsettles dominant views of African American culture and history. By painting her figures’ skin in grayscale, the artist metaphorically removes their “color.”
They were drawn to this piece by the vibrant colors and important message the grayscale skintone conveys, pulled from the pattern in the subject’s dress to create my strawberry design. They incorporated the playfulness of the berries along with the polka dots and colors.
Their towels are light, super absorbent, soft and are machine washable.
• Comes folded in a belly band package ready for gifting
• Packaging contains an additional insert showing the original artwork inspiration with a description about the piece and how it is reflected in our design
• Measures approx. 24"x26" (size tolerance 2-3")
• All natural, unbleached 100% cotton
• Machine washable
• Hand screen-printed with eco-friendly, water-based inks